Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Experimention, Part 2

Update:
This hypothetical-item-which-shall-not-be-named works lightyears beyond where my last hypothetical-item-which-was-also-not-named worked. As in, it can actually create and sustain a roiling boil. Really fast, too!

Lentils are... not bad. Not yet good, but not bad. I think stronger flavoring that coconut milk will be required, and also just repeated eating. I think it will be an acquired taste. And it seems like a good one to acquire!

Just occurred to me that I fearlessly dove into eating a new food. This bodes well for future vegetable additions, I would think. Still a big difference- lentils are essentially a different kind of bean, while vegetables are... well, the dreaded vegetables. It's more of a mental block than anything. Baby steps, I guess.

For my "Lentil Training Period," as we shall call it- I think probably lots of garlic and salt, mainly. Oooh, maybe some butter.... Keep the lentil flavor there, but distract myself with lots of yummy otherness. As I find myself decreasing the add-ons, I'll know I've made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment