Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Accidental Thriving

Note to Self: Even if not kept in a warm place, chia seeds left soaking will start to sprout in 2-3 days. I know Thrive talks about the benefits of eating sprouts, but I want to eat chia gel, not chia pets. So, in future, will only make as much chia gel as I will be eating in a day- and then committing to actually eating it all in a day!

Another Note to Self: Should actually read Thrive. NoMeatAthlete is obsessed, and a few other bloggers have mentioned it as well. If they don't need to be refrigerated, this could be a way for me to actually get in some real, whole foods while I'm living in France without a refrigerator.

They don't refrigerate as many things in France, I am finding, even without all of the preservatives that Americans use, and people lived for thousands of years without fridges, so I'm probably actually able to use a lot more than I think I can. But then I remember that people also died a lot earlier for thousands of years, and I worry that it has a lot to do with food poisoning....

No comments:

Post a Comment